Sunday, September 28, 2008
Ok lah, the big race is tonight and I'm so jealous of chua wei ling, lily and whoever else got tickets to watch :/ But anyway, that's not the point of this post.
The point is to congratulate Singapore on a job well done. As usual, it's nothing short of perfection, painting an exciting, vibrant picture of our little city. It's just really cool to see the cars zip around the flyer, CBD, Fullerton hotel and esplanade, among other things. And imagining that all around the world people are seeing these same images. Pretty cool giant scale marketing event, and well worth it too. Maybe next time they can consider letting the cars race through fort canning tunnel! Or KPE! Haha.. then it'll look exactly like need for speed, HOW COOL :P
Mrs Brightside at 12:21 pm (0) comments
Monday, September 22, 2008
I love accounting kittens! Haha..
Mrs Brightside at 6:21 pm (0) comments
Sunday, September 21, 2008
What is the world coming to!?!?
First, every other major bank in the USA is going to collapse.
Then, we cannot eat ice cream anymore because of tainted milk! :( No more Walls ice cream or Solero...
I'm very sad.. it's like the end of the world to me.. no money or ice cream :(
Mrs Brightside at 5:02 pm (0) comments
Thursday, September 18, 2008
I am proud to announce!
After a 17 day trip to Indochina, some doses of lactose and Zentel later, I am proud to announce that I am 45kg!!!
To spare everyone the disgusting details, basically function has been restored to my general digestive system, and that has helped me keep my diet and appetite in check, as well as to improve absorption when I eat.
So, I'm happy! :)
Mrs Brightside at 10:39 am (0) comments
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
A phrase i've heard a lot about lately during my job search is the idea of a "dream job". Some of my friends already have their dream jobs, some came close to getting it but chose an alternative path instead, some don't know what their dream job is, and some know it but have yet to arrive at it.
So, today I shall share what my dream job description is. Basically, at the current moment, it would sound something like this:
The purpose of this position is to help build an airline's future network. You will cover the following aspects of the network planning process, long term planning, scheduling, slot management and disruption management.
Key responsibilities include:
•Preparing business plans for potential new bases in liaison with finance.
•Evaluating and forecasting potential routes.
•Preparing airline's schedule and managing its slot portfolio.
•Support the revenue management department providing revenue analysis through short term flight control, longer-term event planning and strategic inventory amendments.
Mrs Brightside at 11:46 pm (2) comments
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Not much of a foodie, but I shall try this, since it's boring in class.
1. Venison [x - Lu Rou at zi char stalls]
2. Nettle tea [No.. but I've tried nettle soup before? Quite nice :)]
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari [x - all the time]
12. Pho [x - in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh and.. the rest of Indochina]
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns [x - xiao long bao?]
20. Pistachio ice cream [x - probably in Swensons or something. dont like.]
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras [x - at Miss Clarity Cafe]
24. Rice and beans [x - all the time]
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche [x - Haagen Dazs ice cream?]
28. Oysters [x]
29. Baklava [x - in Greece]
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas [x - i think i was forced to]
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl [x]
33. Salted lassi [x - in India]
34. Sauerkraut [x - in the school canteen, WHU]
35. Root beer float [x - A&W!!!]
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea [x - yummyyyyy.. London :)]
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O [x - made by some exchange students for a party]
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
44. Goat’s milk [x - Vishnu dairy farm]
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
47. Chicken tikka masala [x - in India]
48. Eel [x - Unagi]
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut [x - in UK]
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
53. Abalone [x - every CNY!]
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal [you know surprisingly I haven't had this yet...]
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips
64. Currywurst [x - in Munich]
65. Durian [x - in Geylang]
66. Frogs’ legs [x - in Geylang]
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake [x - in Korea]
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe [I bought the drink..but never tried it]
74. Gjetost, or brunost
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail (La la counted anot?)
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum [x]
82. Eggs Benedict [x]
83. Pocky [x - yes all the time.. haha.]
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
87. Goulash [x]
88. Flowers [does floral tea count?]
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam [x]
92. Soft shell crab [x]
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish [x]
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta [x - in Shanghai]
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
Mrs Brightside at 9:24 am (0) comments
To read list
Don Quijote by Miguel De Cervantes
East and West by Christ Patten
Hong Kong by Jan Morris
Le Peau de chagrin by Honoré de Balzac
1984 by George Orwell
March 2003 April 2003 May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 June 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 June 2010 August 2010